Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Falcon Accordions, more than 4 reeds

Impressive! So you could buy 2 Falcon boxes to do the work of 4 accordions. 1 could be Bb and C, and the other could be D and F, or whatever key combinations make sense. So three reeds per key, lo, medium, and high? I wonder how that effects the ability to cajun tune it (1 reed 10 cents off).

Re: Re: Re: Falcon Accordions, more than 4 reeds

You could but then again you'd also be spending 3000 bucks per accordion and they wouldnt be nearly as loud as a four stop model. They are ok I guess if you only plan on using them for gigs but you can kinda notice they're not as powerful during jam sessions.
John

Re: Falcon Accordions, more than 4 reeds

My Falcon F Accordion has an extra bank of reeds to boost the volume because this key is so high. Notice how much longer the flappers are.

Re: Falcon Accordions, more than 4 reeds

The 5 stops are something that was done to add an extra row for what ever reason you want. It can be a dry tuned 4 stop or a wet tuned 5 stop. As far as volume on a 3 stop, I have a C-D that is 12 years old, that is as loud as any 4 stop that it has ever been in company with, and didn't require as much air as some.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!