Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: How much would you pay?

Thanks for reply.

It said Bon Cajun. I took for granted that it meant Bon Tee Cajun. Is this another model builder? Where can I find the builder web site or get more info?

Robert Richard
Canada.

Re: Re: Re: How much would you pay?

No, same builder. The Bon Tee is from several years ago.

I'd say $800.

Re: Re: Re: Re: How much would you pay?

Marvelous! Thanks for info.

Robert Richard
Canada.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How much would you pay?

I paid $800 for my Bon Cajun, also less than a year old and in excellent condition. It has cherry frames and a diamond decoration on the bellows. That was a couple of years ago.

I felt I was lucky at the time because the Ebay auction ended on Labor Day weekend and everybody was jet-skiing or barbequeing instead of bidding against me. If you have a chance to play this instrument and you like it, I wouldn't feel bad about paying $900.

Of course, when you get a deal, you gotta take it!

S'b'B

Re: At least $1,000 to $1,500 Cdn

Salut Robert,
I say the box you described is worth more than the $800-$900 suggested above.
The Bon Cajun are built by Larry Miller in Iota (near Eunice), Louisiana. Brand new boxes start at around US $1,200. When you convert to Cdn dollars, and factor-in transport/custom fees, you're looking at over Cdn$1,600 to get one. Considering that the one you're looking at is only a year old and in perfect condition, that the Bon Cajun boxes have a an excellent reputation, and that Larry Miller is planning on retiring next year (he's 69 years old) I say it's worth at least $1,000 to $1,500 easily.
Also, as a frame of deference, similar diatonic accordions in Quebec of equal quality are hard to find below $2,000.
I see based on your e-mail address that you live in New Brunswick, out of curiosity how did you find this box for sale?
Cheers...:-)

Re: Re: At least $1,000 to $1,500 Cdn

Salut!

Si tu veux me répondre en français, tu es le bienvenue.

The Bon Cajun box info I received from a US friend who has friend... If you are in Canada, let me know, cuz it is hard to find Cajun squeeze box players. Write over here robertr@nbnet.nb.ca.

Robert Richard
Bathurst, New Brunswick (Canada)
originally from Richibouctou.

Re: Re: Re: At least $1,000 to $1,500 Cdn

Salut, je t'envois un courriel.
Ciao..:-)

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!