Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Le Capitaine

Craig (or anyone else with a Le Capitaine),

In regards to your Le Capitaine, do you have any thoughts in terms of how it compares with an Acadian or a Martin (besides being $500 less)? I talked with Danny, and he'll be back in business in January.
Thanks!

Re: Le Capitaine

I'm not one to compare. Outside of a cheap E Bay box, My Le Capitaine is the only other box I've held. There are not many players where I live and life is too fast a pace for many here to even consider a gathering. I can tell you the workmanship is excellent, Binci reeds, well tuned. Danny used butt joints, which some dislike. Being an engineer and violin maker, I can tell you there is only the cosmetic factor on that. Butt joints are extremely strong. Those in doubt can request data which I will gladly provide.
I can e mail you a photo.
If you speak to Danny, send him my regards.
Craig
Cypress box.

Re: Re: Le Capitaine

Can you send more info on who is Danny, where does he make his accordians, and how does one get in touch with him. The Le Capitaine sounds like a box that would make a little more ummph than a Chinese wet tuned...Thanks

Re: Re: Re: Le Capitaine

Re: Re: Re: Re: Le Capitaine

thanks for the site, Ganey...JB

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!