Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
BTW ~~

David Greeley, fiddle player and vocalist in the Mamou Playboys, BROKE his left hand the morning of the cruise while loading up the car for the drive from Breaux Bridge to Houston. After a quick trip to the emergency room, he DID make the cruise. He was able to sing, but was not able to play. Hope he doesn't have any lasting problems from the break.

Re: They live among us

Isn't it amazing that our favorite artists like in the same little towns that we do. Opelousas, Breaux Bridge, Church Point. Goes to show that even cajun stars are just one of us.

I David recovers soon. What a bummer not being able to play fiddle that week.

Re: BTW ~~

Luckily for him, my ex-girlfriend was on the cruise. She's a hand therapist, and was able to help him get the swelling down.

She said he had a "boxer's fracture", which could be problematic.

Re: Cruisin Accordions

Joanie,
What would be the approximate cost for a cruise like that, and which company offers it? Do you have a link?
Ciao.......:-)

Re: Re: Cruisin Accordions

They're already signing up for next year's 2006 cruise. Same bands and same cruise line ~ Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL). You HAVE to sign up through Travel Machine of Lafayette. Price depends on cabin type, but you can get it pretty cheap. Go to http://www.travelmachine.net/zydecocruise.htm (active link above at Website #3)

Re: Re: Re: Cruisin Accordions

I visited the cruise site. 'Looks like an awesome cruise!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Cruisin Accordions

We REALLY liked the one we went on....SO much that we signed up for Athens, Greek islands, Egypt and Istanbul for next year! LOBE the FREESTYLE approach with no assigned meals or dressing up!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!