Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: France

My friend travels to France quite a bit since I've known him. I'll ask him when he's thinking of coming back. As far as chat rooms go, I wish there was one. Unfotuanately the Internet and Cajun music don't seem to mingle to well! This is about as good as it gets. Perhaps I'll start a chat room.

Email me dude

Jim

I will say this.... You know quality when you see it. Wilson Savoy is every good style rolled into one.

I wish more people would like that style.... the Eunice, Louisiana style.

I don't think you'll have a critical mass to make a chat room viable, unless everyone agrees to get on at 8pm or something like that.

Otherwise you'll just sit there typing "Hello, hello, bon jour....."

I have a couple of yahoo groups, with a few hundred people each. Someone wanted to start a chat room early on, and it never went anywhere.

Personally, chat rooms are one of the most annoying forms of communication I've ever seen.

In Brittany (link #1) or in Burgundy (Saulieu), link #2).

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Was just wondering something else since I'm bored. Does anyone know the name of the city or town in France that wilson savoy usually plays in. And also, was wondering if there was a cajun music chat room or just a cajun chat room on AOL or if anyone plans on making one.

Re: Re: France

I agree Dwight..the chat style forum is a nightmare to follow..the message board format is much more civilised !!

Geoff

Re: Re: France

Christian,

Send me your email address. I need to send you a note.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!