Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Old Acadian D

Anybody remember that old black Acadian in D that was on E-Bay awhile back? Well, I just got it back from Marc, who tuned it, replaced a couple reeds, replaced the gaskets, and did some other minor housekeeping. He says it dates from the late '60s, though he didn't know who'd owned it. It's very funky - painted black, no inlay around the end panels (sorry for incorrect terminology), just a 1/8-inch wide strip of yellow tape, and copper buttons. It plays nice - the action seems quicker than my Martin - and it's much quieter (the Martin is the Cajun equivalent of a stack of Marshall amps), which makes the family happy.

Just thought some of you might be interested in its story. I'm happy it's old, love the way it looks, and tickled with the way it plays.

Re: Old Acadian D

It was nice to read your story about your new old accordion. I too have one from the late 60s and love the way it plays and sounds. This year I had Marc make one to replace it, one I could play for dances etc. and that I could count on for the next 35 years. The new one is wonderful- louder, stronger, more responsive, better looking (rosewood with all the inlay) but for playing around the house and with friends, I still grab old faithful.

Re: Re: Old Acadian D

Patrick,

Do you have a picture of it? I'd like to see this vintage box!

Jim

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!