Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bruce Daigrepont

Saw Bruce Daigrepont in NYC over the weekend and was left wondering why we never hear about this guy? He and his band are great! It was hands down the best Cajun music experience I've ever had. They were so good, as a friend of mine put it, that you forgot they(the band) were even there. A few Corona's and an armfull of several pretty women and I was gone. Made me want to play this music even more than I already do, and that's alot. When we discuss the greats from here on in, let's not forget Daigrepont.
Charlie

Re: Bruce Daigrepont

bruce was formerly a 'new orleans band'.

he didn;t tour much outside there.

so that led to him not being all that
well known on the dance tour circuit.

i get the impression that
now he will be touring more.

wle.

Re: Re: Bruce Daigrepont

I had the pleasure of hearing and meeting Bruce in Salieu ( France ) this summer at the Cajun Zydeco Festival.. he was the headliner and put on a great show.. to several hundred dancers that kept the floor ( the size a big gymnasium ) full from 9,00 til 2 am .. 4 bands..

These people know their Cajun and Zydeco . . !

G.

Bruce Daigrepont

Bruce has also been to Halifax Nova Scotia and New Brunswick on several occasions. I saw him for the first time in Dieppe New Brunswick in '98. He's always very well appreciated, and is such an approchable and friendly artist. I had a small chat with him last year as part of the Congrès Mondial Acadien in Halifax. I felt very sad to hear that him and his crew were affected by Katrina.
Maz

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!