Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Hand made cajun box!!!!!.

Yup,

I'd have to agree that the box looks clunky. It's true that some parts appear to have been handmade.....wait, could this be the first truly "hand-carved" Cajun accordion we've ever seen(!)

I am DYING to buy another box. It's really tough, though, to set aside $1500+. I wish I had played enough Falcons to see what the buzz is all about. The single key ones are up to $3000. No thanks.

On a side note, I recently played Jock Pottle's (Bosco Stompers in NYC) new Savoy D box and it was outstanding! I mention this b/c I'd heard rumors of a slip in quality in Acadians. I have no complaints about mine -- it's a tank that drives like a BMW -- but it's good to see that the workmanship is still up to par.

My next one will definitely be an A box -- either light-colored wood with metal buttons from Savoy or an all black w/metal buttons from Junior.

I dunno what it is, but the all black Junior boxes I've seen have such a sleek, classic look.

Keep squeezin', calice
Nick B.

Re: Re: Re: Hand made cajun box!!!!!.

I will say this, the box looks better than anything I could ever build. The bass side looks pretty comfy I must admit.

On to the subject of Acadian brand, I have one that's 2 years old and one that is 4 and they're both my favorites out of any box I've ever played. I've played on older Acadians and they are just as good, only difference I've noticed is the compression0 has improved on Acadians.

Keep in mind these are just my opinions, other opinions vary!

They're all good down there though, that's for sure. All the ones I've played are good.

Jim

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!