Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Dwight Shakelford Show, or tell me it ain't so Dwight!!!!!!!..

You're wrong. But after I read my message I figured someone would take it like that. Nope, not me, but someone, whoever posted, is sitting back laughing at all of you.

Tis the season to get it straight and get it right in many ways

Ok ... All right now I don't post up much these days, not like I did in the past... but nearly every day I do drop in and check out what folks do post and keep up on the news and topics of this board.

Honestly, when a post pops up about some broken hearted (alledged) mom that can't figure what's up with an offspring that miss manages sacraficial gifts pertaining to accordions and this and that.. well it catches my attention. Dang right it grabs me, I am a Dad of two adult kids.. and I have known struggle in the growing years of their up bringing.

Aaron and Queenie who ever she is (perhaps a scorned wife or mate,mom or whatever) needs to keep the board clear of psychological bull you know what. It is not the place. Grow up, do something good with youself and stop playing the drama card in view of others. The world has enough legit drama that impacts mature folks as it is... and there is enough true to life real stuff that we cope with.

Aaron get it right and be the man, if that is what it is about.

Dwight, you have no children (I suspect) so from a parenting perspective, you are non-relational to the trueism of life in the times of raising em, nurturing them, sacraficing for their alledged needs and going on to tollerating a childs ingrate behavior and wondering what ya did right or wrong... So something of this nature is uncalled for sparking some sorta funny business ... does that make sense? I want to think you are better than all that nonsense... So help out here... I believe you know the right thing here about such stuff.

I hope the knuckle heads that think this may be funny and may be having a good laugh over, will come to understand that it is sensitive to many. I am not thin skin, I enjoy a dandy joke, but this is not funny and others feel the same (of this I am sure). One person I know well, has lost a child and will never know further sacrafices be it a squeeze box a guitar or what ever.. I do know he would trade all of his tomorrows and worldly possessions to have his son back (who died in an auto accident). There may be other sad sad tales of parents on this board (I am sure there is) that have very real life stories. Believe you me, they deserve not to be made fools of from authors of horse s..t posts that serve as jokes under the disquise of anny. characterizations.

There is a thing called Karma that deals with full circle measures, and I believe it... take head you pranksters of imature nonsensical jokes, there are a gob of mature parents that know pains you can't fully relate to.. screw up with matters of bad jokes, and that ole gris gris will bite ya in the you know what!
My Angels are tough critters and they can kick some butt...Ha.

Now then: Merry Christmas to each and every one on this board, I wish you each a gob of love and happiness, from the heart. Play your music from the heart, no matter what level... it's good!
Us? Well Ms. Linda and I are bound for Texas to visit our grown Children and Grand kids next week. My Grand Daughter Kierstin has a few Christmas tunes she has been perfecting on her accordion (seven yrs. old).. am I smiling? yes sir buddy.. it's more valued than silver or gold in my book.

Nonc Dave Mason

Re: Tis the season to get it straight and get it right in many ways

Dearest Mr.Dave,thank you from the bottom of my heart you are the very first person on here who seems to care and understand where I am comming from-when they disown you its' like you have no purpose in life.He is married and needless to say he is with another supposievely woman in the Sulphur,area and whats soo sad he has a beautiful little four year old daughter that lives with me - and cries and asks about him every day.Thank you for sharing and caring.May you and your family have a blessed Christmas.

where you been??

Dave-- good to see you posting again. What tune you working on?

Peace,
Griff

Re: where you been??

Hey Griff,
Several things... still working some tunes on the Creole side of matters.
Also, I am still doing some of the stuff that Steve Riley cranked out on that live CD in Bb and plugged into my thinking from a few years back... over and over it is still some wizzardry playing that moves me by this artist... and well I do love the Bb sound and feel. I have always enjoyed the Mamou Playboys three part harmony, it is a listening treat on the vocal end of matters while squeezing out the traditional style that they can play very well when Not kicking it with a contemporary twist.

But since Augusta, I guess have been very moved by the Creole artistry of Goldman Thibodeaux. It takes me back some. Nothing lavish as such, just good fun stuff, if ya know what I mean. We all know how syncopated and intricate Creole style can be.
Jolie Catin, Jolie Bassette, La Valse De La Prison and more... Amede' sorta came home in some ways at a time when it could have only been a Creole that inspired me... Mr. Goldman was a dandy find for me looking for instruction, what a great guy and his wife is as charming as can be.

Some good things happened (for me last summer) at Augusta, at a time when it seemed sorta bleek. Mr. Goldman sorta sensed it and set out to resurrect me through some old time stuff. It was what I needed, to keep plugging along and enjoying the accordion... it was magical and wound up us becoming a good friendship as a result.

Not all Creole mind you... there was also Mr. Harry Trahan. Honest to Pete Griff, I just dont know why it seems to be the old timers that have a way of touching my music and keep me forging forward.
Truth be known, as I was at Gribble Hall speaking with Ed Poullard (we were listening to Mr. Harry on accordion outside) I told him how much I enjoyed the sound of Mr. H.'s accordion, it sounded slightly wet (and it was)! I went on to have Jude work on my C box for a slight wet and it is fun to play and inspires me to evolve from miserable playing to ... well you know, somewhat easier to listen to HA.
So I went to the Dance is on the music card as well.
I am enjoying my new music room and getting more time to play now. Was doing a gob of remodeling since summer and the music room is a by-product of that activity, it is accordion friendly Ha... a good retreat and it gives Linda her space with out listening to my squeezing.

Griff you asked a simple question and got six months of activity in a book... You doing ok?

Dave

practice only makes it permanent...

Perfect practice makes it perfect...

Nonc;

Thanks for mentioning Goldman Thibodeaux... the disc he did with Mr. Carrier is one of the real treasures in my CD collection. As soon as I complete this self-imposed exile to reconnect on the basics ( sort of the equivalent in football to the two-aday drills) I will first thing pull out that disc and play along.

Dave I'll send you a note off-line soon.
Peace,
Griff

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!