Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Grand Opening of www.CajunMusicForum.com

Hello Folks! I would like to invite everyone to stop by my new cajun music forum at www.CajunMusicForum.com ....this is a place that i hope will build a community of musicians like here on the bravenet boards....informative, helpful and a place to preserve Cajun/Zydeco music..I've been kicking around this idea for a few months and finally decided to make it a reality... it is not my intention to try to steal people away from other sites, because i wont stop visiting these boards either.......however..it is my intention to offer another website to hangout at and enjoy the passion that we like best...Cajun music.

Why did i build this site?? Well...I'm a Forum/message board junkie :) ..I have been since 1994-95 back in the BBS(bulletin board system) days before the internet, i guess you can say forums are a hobby of mine, on a daily basis i visit a total of 15 of my favorite boards and i thought this would be a great way for me to give something back to my culture and in some small way help preserve it...also i thought it will be fun to do, a great way to learn to play accordion and immerse myself in cajun music since i am a displaced cajun.

CajunMusicForum.com is FREE for anyone that wants to register a name , it is totally non-profit and is financed by me with the help of a long time friend who maintains the server. The forums will feature the Cajun accordion, Cajun & Creole fiddle, tabs, lyrics, gallery ,General discussion, off-topic and for sale/trade boards....with more that can be added or changed as it grows. I do fully realize that people are what make a forum, without contributors they are just empty spaces in cyberspace. so I invite anyone who would like to contribute to stop on by and help build a place for everyone to enjoy. Keep Squeezin' and Thanks for your time.

Chad Hebert

Re: Grand Opening of www.CajunMusicForum.com

That sounds like a great idea Chad.
I will sign up to it.
Bonne chance et longue vie à ton site!
:-)

Re: Grand Opening of www.CajunMusicForum.com

Registered and posting! But I will continue to visit this board of course.

Not much new at npmusic.org these days. Working on improving my writing, etc.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!