Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jai Passe on Radioactive G Hohner

Here's another recording for you all. Jai Passe on the infamous Radioactive Hohner in G. Boy that old fart growls!

http://bengalrecords.com/jim/JaiPGHohner.mp3

Re: Jai Passe on Radioactive G Hohner

Jim,

Strangely enough as I was putting the finishing touches in my new kitchen, and at the same lessening on a repeat to Al Berard & Errol Verret sweet version of "J'ai passe devant ta porte ", I decided to take a brake, and read some of the posting on this board and yours came up.
I have to say that I have heard this old classic played in a lot of different ways and speed.
Myself I play it as a slow Irish Air,Musette,or Cajun style.

Nice playing Jim, very enthousiastic!.

BTW who tuned the Hohner?

C.

Re: Re: Jai Passe on Radioactive G Hohner

Not bad at all Jim! It's nice to hear someone do that little turn or B part...I guess you could call it that. Alot of people I know have never even heard that little part played and just look at me like I stepped off a UFO when I play it on the bandstand.

John

Re: Re: Re: Jai Passe on Radioactive G Hohner

Claude.... It's how these model Hohners usually come tuned. I personally think it's not the prettiest sound, but my goal this month is to record 2 or 3 songs on every accordion I've got. I like the growl of this low G box, that's one thing that sets it apart.

John.... Yeah, alot of people don't do that turn I have also noticed. I give Marc Savoy credit for that one!

Thanks for the input friends

Re: Jai Passe on Radioactive G Hohner

"... well Dick, it has a great beat and I can really dance to it. I would go out and buy it. I give it a solid ..."

(comments overheard on a recent American Bandstand with Dick Clark about the recent release of Jim Pettijohn's much anticipated 'J'ai Passe' devant la porte')

Peace,
Griff

Re: Re: Jai Passe on Radioactive G Hohner

heheh

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!