Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Excellent novel taking place in the bayous around Lafourche Parish

hi maz....
sounds like a really cool book!
what's the title??
roger

Re: Re: Excellent novel taking place in the bayous around Lafourche Parish

Yes, please share the title. I grew up down there. However, unless there is an English translation, I'm sunk.

Books "Ouragan sur le bayou" and "La sang mêlé du bayou" by Lili Maxime

Dwight,
I just finished readding the first book "Ouragan sur le bayou" last night... Fantastic! I will be starting the second novel of a trilogy "La sang-mêlée du bayou" over the next few days (that was my Christmas present).
You'll find above the link for both books, and a link on the author, Lili Maxime, who spent lots of time down in LA. I'm not sure if the novels have been translated. I would think so. You can probably find out more on google. Good luck - If you find them in English, go for it, the books are worth every penny.

I wonder how much the life has changed since the mid 70s. There is almost a generation gone by. With the language assimilation going on, I wonder how different things are. I am very much looking forward to visiting this area. I would love to participate in some Fais-DoDo with my accordion. It is striking how the old Cadjin French ressembles the French spoken by the Acadians in the South West of Nova Scotia. I don't thing I'll have a lot of time during my one-week trip next April (Balfa camp, but this is something I really wanna do.
Salut bien! Maz

Re: Books "Ouragan sur le bayou" and "La sang mêlé du bayou" by Lili Maxime

I don't think the Lafourche Parish music scene is as grand as it is in the prairie region around Lafayette. However, you take a trip down La. 1 to Grand Isle (if you can get there, their bridge was torn up by Katrina), you'll see another world. Main street is a large bayou, with hardtop roads on each side. Boats, boats, boats, boats, boats, boats, and then some big boats.

Other info on the author Lili Maxime

Here's her official site (in French only it seems). She seems to be an accomplished artist.
Maz

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!