Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Since your last visit/My recent discovery that rang my bell

The site is still going strong!

Recent updates at Ray Abshire and Dennis McGee/Sady Courville, Mamou Social Club.

The Ray Abshire selections are with a little electric band featuring R.C. Vanicor, Vernon Bergeron, Errol Guilbeau, and Courtney Granger. They are live from the Liberty Theater in Eunice, Louisiana, shortly before Festivals Acadiens.

________
The "discovery" I am personally most excited about lately is the existence of a recording made in 1986 by Moise Robin on accordion and vocals with Faren Serette on guitar, fiddle and triangle. I have a copy through a good friend, and I am working on seeing if I can post it. The producer/engineer, Mr. Serette, would like to see that happen. When he recorded it, he created a publishing company for Mr. Robin, who was assigned rights. He died some time ago, and none of us know his heirs.

If I were to write about just how absurd I believe the situation is, this would be a long post indeed.

photos of Ray Abshire at the Liberty Theater

http://www.lsue.edu/acadgate/music/rabshire2.htm

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!