Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mouton Box on eBay

I'm kind of surprised that there hasn't been mention of this box here yet. Any comments?

Re: Mouton Box on eBay

That's an old accordion made by "Shine" Mouton.
Probably more than 20 years. Quite possible that it may have Hohnor reeds. I know the stop knobs and keyboard buttons are from Hohnor( that's what was used back then).
It looks like it would need some work to bring it back to playable condition.
That's my take on it.
Jude

Re: Re: Mouton Box on eBay

Yeah, the first thing I noticed was the surface rust on some of the trim. It would really make me suspicious of what condition the inside was in.
Also, since it looks like the seller is a pawn shop, you'd have no idea as to the history of the box. All the same, it might be worth watching, if someone wanted an original Mouton. If no one bids they might entertain a much lower offer.

Re: Re: Re: Mouton Box on eBay

This has been listed on eBay at least three other times. It started at $699.00 the first time I saw it. It has been listed twice at the current starting price.

Peace,
Griff

Re: Re: Re: Re: Mouton Box on eBay

yes, despite its nobile origins.. this one belongs to history... " rust never sleeps ?" ! Would hate to open that one up.

Gl

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!