Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bon Cajun toujours !!!

I received my Bon Cajun Friday afternoon.

Oh... my... God...

what a beautiful instrument.

Mine is a C, in brown mahogony. Actually it turned out a bit lighter color than I expected, but it is a wonderful gold toned curly maple. One of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. Larry is without a doubt a grandmaster craftsman. Not only does it look beautiful, it sounds as good, and it plays so much more easily than my el cheapo Hohner beginner accordion. My Bon Cajun will, without a doubt, be one of my most prized possessions.

I will try to get a picture posted somewhere when I can...

best regards,

Hal

Re: Bon Cajun toujours !!!

Hal;

That's really cool! Give us the 'complete' report after you have played it for a while.

Peace,
Griff

Re: Re: Bon Cajun toujours !!!

Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!

Re: Re: Re: Bon Cajun toujours !!!

I know how you feel.
I felt the same way last summer when Larry visited me in Halifax, Nova Scotia and brought my box with him. Mine is nice, flamboyant, curley maple key of C. A beauty! :-)
Maz

congrats on the new box...i'm still all giggly over mine so i know the feeling lol

"I will try to get a picture posted somewhere when I can...

if ya need to get them hosted..just send the pics to my email at kajun35 at cox.net and i will host them for ya.

A new hand made is better that.... well you know.

That is a feeling that sticks like glue and it's a good one! Congrats. Happy playing.

Nonc D

Or post them on http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cajun-accordion-gallery.

and the winner is>>>>>>Never heard an "Acadian" described that way. Bon Cajun, can't beat it.

Keep in mind this is my first nice handmade accordion, and haven't even seen very many others, so I don't have much to compare to. Only know that the workmanship is beautiful, the sound wonderful. From what I've seen picture-wise, the Acadians are quite beautiful as well.

regards,

Hal

Kajun was nice enough to offer to put up some picts for
me...

Here she is:

http://www.cajunmusicforum.com/gallery/albums/Hals-Bon-Cajun/BonCajun.jpg

http://www.cajunmusicforum.com/gallery/albums/Hals-Bon-Cajun/BonCajun2.jpg

Hey Hal!

What a beaut!

I really wish I had saved some cash to get one of Larry's before his retirement.

Can't have em all

HAL, how much did Mr. Larry charge you for this Masterpiece. It is definitely a beautie! Funny, I don't see people showing off pictures of their "ACADIAN" boxes. BON CAJUN rules!

It was $1385 with strap, case and shipping. If my wife would let me buy another, I would in a heartbeat, just to have a spare.

Hal

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!