Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
What the HECK???

The best Cajun accordions are made in Louisiana period. You can take all of the strobe readings you want. As long as it is not tuned in Louisiana, it's not authentic cajun.

And if it's tuned by a Greek who happens to live in Delhi LOUISIANA does that MAKE it AUTHENTIC CAJUN?

Re: What the HECK???

He he, good one Joanie!

I'm glad you said something, I was about to chalk another one up to jingoism and ignorance!

I wonder whether "Cajun Green Eyes" ever considered that there are some Cajun accordions made and tuned in Texas? Last time I checked, they were as authentic as it gets.

Re: switching reeds between accordions

Friend John...bet you're glad you asked this question...

Re: Re: switching reeds between accordions

Well actually a few reponses were on the topic, mon ami from south of the border - the Wis Border that is. I forget Mike, you comin up this way today?

With prices so high on new accordions these days, I think it is easier for me to try and get the reeds changed on the two of accordions I got rather than try and go buy another one.

Each accordion has a certain feel. I just happen to like to feel of that Jr Martion Bb and wished it was a C. I got the Bb hoping to start playing in Bb in my band but I can see that would be way too much hassle. Bb's so much easier to sing in , but it ain't goin to happen. Suck it up and sing high. Man do I envy those cajun singers with those true tenor voices.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!