Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Jason Frey & Al Berard

They were at Folklore Village in Dodgeville Wi last March in 2005 and had just made a CD that's wasn't packaged very well yet and had 11 tunes. Jason does some double fiddling on it with Al.

When I got a copy from Jason I asked him - "you didn't do this on your C# accordion did you Jason?" and he sort of got this pained look on his face. So folks, my copy is in C# - sort a tough to play along to.

Re: Re: Jason Frey & Al Berard

C#!!! Oh man... time to put it on the computer and tweak the pitch.

John...you are spending entirely too much time participating in this forum...get to work on the note-for-note transcription of Hathaway 2- Step or you'll be sent to your room...without an accordion....

You might get a copy fro Al. Try a search for Al Berard or "Old Man Records." I'm sure that you can contact him through his website.

I got a copy last Summer at Augusta at the Davis & Elkins bookstore. Just as I was getting it, Al walked into the bookstore. He looked at it and said,"Aw, what are getting that for? it's just something that jason and I put together for Cajun Week."

Well, I think that Al and Jason are just too modest. It is the kind of real cajun music that I like! It is a fine CD. I liked it so much that I told Dan Willging to get a copy and do a review of it.

By the way, Al has another CD that very few people know about. It is on the Swing Cat label . I'm pretty sure that the only place that one can get a copy is from Swing Cat. Just do a search for that, too. I just happened to see it there last night while looking for a recording that Kerry blech made several years ago. That one is there also. Kerry Blech is a superb Old-Time fiddler.

Re: Re: Jason Frey & Al Berard

Thanks Jack. I sent Al a message and hope to hear from him soon.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!