Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: .mp3

Hmmmm,

I have the strange suspicion that you are Wilson Savoy!!!!, after all you chum with him , and not too many people play like he does!, except you of course!.

Say, it ain't so.

C.

Re: Acid Cajun French Canadian

Unless Wilson lives in Baltimore, I would doubt it very much. Jim's playing is testament to the importance of practicing. He has stated that he plays daily and for more than an hour at a session. Skill and talent are not the same though. Jim displays a lot of talent.
Craig

"Perfect practice makes perfect".
Vince Lombardi

Re: Re: Acid Cajun French Canadian

Because of his abundance of skill and talent, and the fact that not too many people know of Jim's musical attributes ,I thought that with that kind of skill, he should be known right across the Cajun musical spectrum and beyond.

I still smell a Rattus Norveguis .

C.

awesome playing jim..your best one yet!....you giving lessons? hehe i'm not too far from ya :)

shucks people

Ya'll 'r being to nice. I'm doing ok at this point, workin at it. It's not really practice, it's like a natural bodily function now!

The one thing that helped me learn was to work with 20 some songs for 4 years, non stop. I slowly add a new tune every time.

I am no wear near as good as Wilson, he adds alot more variety and neatness than I ever will.

Chad, I'd be happy to show you how I learned if you come my way. where are you located?

Re: shucks people

i'm in norfolk,virginia...few hours drive from ya...and i wouldnt mind driving up there one weekend for a lesson or two.....i'm like the only person i know around here that plays..so the only exposure i'm getting is from the dirk's dvd's and larry book.

i have no idea when i'll be going back home to La. for a visit....and i refuse to pay $500-800 for an accordion camp...so its dvd's until i can learn in person lol

i'm gonna go see wilson and the pine leaf boys in DC..ya going?

Where do you hail from Chad? I'm in Monkey County up I 270. I could use lessons or just someone else to keep in time with. It would have been a long drive for JP from La to Silver Spring!

Greg Bergler fiddle master

Greg playing the fiddle is 19 from silver spring, he is THE man on that fiddle. Right now he's in Tenn. but should be back in the summer. I'm looking forward to playing music with him again.

The guy is genius, he heard that song twice and then we recorded it.

Jim

Zow...ACFC eh ?

Wow, I heard they clamped down on those labs...
Glad its up and running.
How can I get some up here in NY ?

Its not like Im not already trying to brew it up here.....
Now I know how far I have to go....
Nice Rip.....

Re: Zow...ACFC eh ?

eh?

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!