Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Acadian price increase

Ecellent observations.

I mean it could be an HA114,or a Regal, or even an Ariette, that is if you're playing by yourself,and if your tuning is dead on Cajun, but you would not go on stage with any one of those,would you?, that would not be authentic enough .

C.

Re: Re: Re: Acadian price increase

I agree that tuning, reed quality ( and quantity ) as well as playing ability go way beyond the brand name game or "looks" in making Cajun music .

Any comments about piano accordion Cajun music then ??..

Glenn

Re: Re: Re: Re: Acadian price increase

ultimately, seems like the title of that country gospel song hits the nail on the head: "The touch of the master's hand". Doesnt' matter how fine the instrument if you don't know how to make it sing; and it doesn't matter how low grade -- if you know what you doing you'll make it sing. Of course,if you combine a quality instrument with quality hands....

Re: Re: Acadian price increase

Cajungreeneyes,

Do you really prefer your Bon Cajun to the Acadian? That really surprises me. I'm really partial to the keyboard and sound of my Acadian C box, though I understand that every box -- regardless of the builder -- has its own feel.

I don't want to gush too much over my own "brand", but I've always thought of Marc as a true innovator in the art of accordion-building. His boxes have a playability that I find unmatched elsewhere.

Granted, "feel" is very subjective, but I think that the reputation of Acadians as being the "standard" is very well deserved.

The quality of Quebecois boxes is also extremely high, particularly in terms of craftsmanship, but their keyboards have a very different feel (more of an Irish style).

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!