Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: it;s definitely a challenge to find a band.

Well, there's a well-founded myth that good musicians are terrible dancers.

I'm proof of that, since I'm an excellent dancer.

If you're dancing, and you get kicked or stepped on by the guy next to you, ask him what kind of instrument he plays.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: it;s definitely a challenge to find a band.

Dana is an exception to the rule.

Cajun/Zydeco "band minus one" practice CDs in various keys

I have a Mel Bay type cd in the works featuring Cajun and Zydeco rythm section "minus one" to enable accordion players and fiddlers to practice or try their hand at the one-man/woman band scene, using these tracks free of performance rights.
The Cajun section features traditionals in C, D, A, G wth upright bass, ti=fer and accoustic guitar and "rythm" fiddle on some of the tracks. Zydeco emphasizes jamming in above keys plus Bb and F with double kick a la Beau Jocque and Keith Frank, aggressive bass and ska rythm guitar found in Wayne Toups as well as more traditional Clifton blues shuffle and straight ahead 4/4. This cd is for all types of Louisiana-style accordion, fiddle. Also comes in handy when trying to get bass players, guitarists and drummers familiar with Zydeco and ZydeCajun.
projected availability is Christmas 2006. If anyone is interested, drop me a line at standremusic@yahoo.ca
Bonne semaine a tous
Jean-Pierre

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!