Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What is an IP address exactly

Good question Russ...I too am IP ignorant...I am replying
just to see what mine is...lol

Re: What is an IP address exactly

Although usually IP addresses are unique...AOL routes traffic from multiple states through the same IP address.

A quick definition from:

http://www.wikipedia.org/

An IP address (Internet Protocol address) is a unique number that devices use in order to identify and communicate with each other on a network utilizing the Internet Protocol standard. Any participating device — including routers, computers, time-servers, printers, internet FAX machines, and some telephones — must have its own unique address. This allows information passed onwards on behalf of the sender to indicate where to send it next, and for the receiver of the information to know that it is the intended destination.

Re: Re: What is an IP address exactly

yup..i think that could be the real culprit here....AOL..aaron and cajungreeneyes both have aol...99% of the time IP addresses are unique and are assigned to the MAC address of your network card or router.. but since AOL has been thrown in this equation there is nothing i wont put beyond aol's craptastic network...if it can be screwed up..aol can do it!

so cajungreeneyes and aaron i offer my apologies...i overlooked the fact that you were both on AOL.

Re: Re: Re: What is an IP address exactly

Does that mean that AOL is providing anonymity for its users? Can anyone confirm that this is really happening (by posting via yet another AOL login)?
-Andy

Re: Re: Re: Re: What is an IP address exactly

But then again, I suppose that wearing "masks" is appropriate today, n'est-ce pas?
Have fun!

IP Addresses

Awhile back I decided there was too much fictitious posting going on, and so decided to include IP addresses in the posts HOPING that folks would take the hint. Apparently some didn't. Just try to play nice and don't let egos get in the way of what this forum is SUPPOSED to be for.

Re: Ain't Believin' It!

IP a lot more than I used to... part of getting older. ? Wonder if it's the same for old YuPP's and old HiPP's ?

fiddling in italy

Hey Glenn,

There's a guy in Italy who's into cajun fiddling, but can't find anyone to play with. Just in case you're in the same neck of the woods, want me to connect you?

Where are you exactly?

He posts over on my cajun-fiddlers yahoo group. I'm not sure where he is. I'd have to ask.

Sorry about your bladder!

Re: fiddling in italy

He's in Rome.

apovi@yahoo.it

Re: Re: fiddling in italy

Thanks for the Rome Cajun connection..Unfortunately it's a little far.. but hope to hook up.

Grazie.. Glenn

IP address

Happy Mardi Gras everyone!

Today, I'm doing an IP experiment.

If I launch a command window and type
my machine indicates that my

IP is: 192.168.0.101

I'll see what Bravenet reports it to be.

Also, I was under the impression that these IP's
were dynamically assigned and periodically changed?

Merci,

--Big

End of experiment

What I typed in the cmd window was

ipconfig

Just curious .. I'll need to try this
again to see if the IP's change.

End of experiment for today.

Now, to keep this topic on accordions,
what's everyone doing for Mardi Gras?

(Not just working, I hope! :-)

--Big

Re: IP address

I fervently hope that Ihave "NOT" been assigned Shakelford's IP # .
If by some luck he gets mine, well then it's a privilege.

Claude.

Re: Re: IP address

I've only read stuff on this list for a very short time and I've never understood why people just don't sign their names and where they are from at the end of each post. Its kind of nice to know who is saying what. Why do we have to be in the dark about a persons identity?

John Romano
Madison Wi

Re: Re: IP address

Who is Shakelford?

Who is Shackleford?

I am ShackELford.

Cue the fanfare.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!