Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
back to the cold weather

Back from my first trip to Lousiana. Got to experience old time Mardi Gras in Eunice, Iota, Mammou, Church Point. Guess I stuck out like a sore thumb, because everybody asked where I was from. Saw more bands than I could possibly remember, but not a dud amoung any of them. Ray Abshire, Lost Bayou Ramblers, Pine Leaf Boys, and on and on. Really felt at home no matter where I went or who I talked to.
Larry Miller had a booth in Iota, and even though it was a bit frivolous on my part, bought a really nice box in A. Figured he's retiring in July, and after that, well, you're out of luck.
Fiddle and accordion heaven. If I could figure out how to make a living, I'd kiss this snow shovel goodbye!-Steve

Re: back to the cold weather

awesome ! glad you had a great trip...what all did you eat down there? hopefully you sampled alot of boudin and crawfish :)...yup La. is great if you can find a decent job or dont mind working your fingers to the bone.

Re: Re: back to the cold weather

More like what didn't I eat! Lots of boudin, gator legs in a sauce I tried to get, but the guy wasn't givng away any secrets. Pralins, yeah! But being able to hear and try out accordions from just about any maker you can think of, it was just out and out unbelievable. -Steve

Re: Re: Re: back to the cold weather

I'm slowly getting for my frist trip to LA to attend the Balfa camp. Your comments increase further my level of anticipation! Maz

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!