Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Dwight's photo

Lookin' good, Dwight. Where's the Black Rose, and is that the Cayenne out of Seattle?

BJ

Re: Re: Re: Dwight's photo

Black Rose Pub is in Santa Rosa, Ca. North of San Francisco about an hour. It was our first real gig, sort of an unpaid 2 hour audition. I was just trying to get us some face time in an out of the way place, to see where we needed to improve.

We were nervous as sh*t, but the guy asked us back for a paying gig (this was billed as a jam). We knew we were not hitting on all cylinders, but he said he thought we had some talent and he'd book us for a Sat. night gig if we wanted. It was a needed vote of confidence for us. We were much more at ease at our next gig the following Saturday. For the Black Rose gig, someone there said we essentially had that "deer in the headlights" look about us.

Cayenne Jam Cajun Band is the name of our group, based in the Bay Area. We're not smooth, my intonation sucks on fiddle, but we've got some energy, so that helps.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Dwight's photo

Ok, I'm tired of looking at myself. Time to rotate the "artwork".

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dwight's photo

Dwight,
Thanks for the suggestion of taking your photo down. No one was willing to say anything least they hurt your feelings. Congrats anyway!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dwight's photo

Yeah, but have you noticed how few bugs have been around in the last few days?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dwight's photo

That's because of those frogs!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dwight's photo

Could the shirt "motifs" be un personnal tribute to anything that is French? , in witch case I would feel rightly and proudly honored.

Merci.

Claude.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dwight's photo

[Could the shirt "motifs" be un personnal tribute to anything that is French?]

fois gras? pate? Julia Child? Juliette Binoche? Gerard de Crapaudeau?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dwight's photo

I know a frog back in WWII. Cute girl. Worked in the shipyards. Rosie the Ribbeter was her name. Poster girl looks, you know.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dwight's photo

A Star is born...

(Bravo pour le courage)

Christian

How do you say "I am a big ham" in French? Only thing I can think of is "Un cochon pour toi", but that doesn't quite convey it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dwight's photo

Euh... un gros jambon ?... Funny expression. "Un cabotin" over here (just looked it up in the dictionary).
Bonne chance,

Christian

"A Star is Born"

Isn't that a movie about an alcoholic flash in the pan? Done got over the alcoholism, now just looking for a pan.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!