Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: audacity

I'm a Mac guy, and while I love Audacity, it will freeze up every now and then. I haven't had a chance to do much QA on it, but it seems like it doesn't play very well with iTunes running in conjunction. It gets all mad at iTunes and clobbers the OS. Audacity is an unbelieveable tool and yes, FREE! Get it while it still is.

Re: audacity

I use both Audacity and Amzazing Slow Downer(ASD) and tend to agree with Roger. ASD is very fast in chaning the pitch evern if the music is off pitch. You can adjust the pitch to match your instrument. I took a accordion recorded in D
and had it playing in C in just a few seconds and did not have to import it in to another program. I think the best solution is both! Use Audicity to record yourself
and have a good bottle of Southern Comfort near by when you listen to it. That helps for the nexr recording. I think the cost of ASD is somewhere around $30-$50. Both are great.
... Ed

Re: Re: audacity

Merci bien, I didnt know those things were out there. I usually am on the tail end of the technological world.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!