Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Yahoo group for accordion builders

Good luck. I tried the same thing. The professional builders are essentially too busy to take part. You may have a different experience.

Re: Re: Yahoo group for accordion builders

Hi Dwight;

I am just wondering if you were ever able to use the information and photos I sent you several months ago.

Re: Re: Re: Yahoo group for accordion builders

I did build the jig you showed me, or a single bay one anyway, but then realized I didn't have the total setup to do what I wanted, then moved, then less space here, etc, so, its in limbo right now.

I did try several test frames with some plywood I had cut for the purposes of testing. I found that I consistently had the end piece that was at the back of the jig being depressed by maybe a business card thickness from the side pieces, even though things were even when I clamped it and then left it. Never could figure that out. Figured I'd just start putting a business card under it before gluing.

Now I'm busy with school and a band, so, its in limbo. I did and do appreciate your willingness to help me on that, and when that "hobby" rotates through again, as they tend to do, I'll probably have more questions to ask.

How are you doing down there?

Dwight

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!