Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Accordion Players

I bought an accordion from Pat about a year ago.. talented band.. they know their stuff for sure.. not your average amature CZ band.. tight sounding ! Super guy to communicate with .

GLENN

Re: Re: Accordion Players

What kind of accordion did he sell you?

Re: Re: Re: Accordion Players

Anthony Falcon Bb.. 1988 .. mint condition.. nice box! black with silver trim.

Re: Accordion Players

Hey Glenn, how about a pic of that FALCON?

Re: Re: Accordion Players

Once my wife gets the camera back I'll do some pics of what I have.. with the black Falcon !

Love that line up at the top of the page .. G.

Re: Re: Re: Accordion Players

I know the one you're talking about. Yeah, I think he replaced that one with an A box. I know he has three Cajun accordions built specifically for him by Junior Martin out of Lafayette, but I rarely see him use all three in concert. He's got a Monterrey and Baldoni triple row in C and Bb respectively. He uses a Morelli five row chromatic sometimes. Man, he's got more equipment than the drummer. I noticed he uses Microvox mics on his triple rows and a wireless Audio Technica on his Cajun boxes. Whatever he does the sound he gets is awesome. Real fat and gutsy. He plays one of the most rockin' versions of 'My Jolie' I've ever heard. He also does justice to Chubby Carrier's "Who Stole the Hot Sauce." I've seen a lot of accordion players who can play either the Cajun or the Zydeco accordions real well, but he transitions from the Cajun, to the triple row, to the chromatic with absolutely no effort at all. He is really good, and his band is pretty hot, too. You should try to see them.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Accordion Players

I had a guy just ask me where he could see The Red River Playboys. Well, unfortunately NOT in Shreveport (their home town). Shreveport is lame when it comes to supporting Zydeco/Cajun music. In fact, about the only time you'll ever hear that music is at Mudbug Madness or maybe the Red River Revel. And, that's only because the RRP's have just been invited to play in the last two years. Hell, even the goofy members of the two largest Krewes (Centaur and Gemini) don't have any Louisiana music at their balls. In fact, NONE of the Krewes had Cajun/Zydeco or any kind of Louisiana music at their parties. Pat the accordion player says they do a lot of really cool gigs out of town (Dallas, Oklahoma City, Longview, Natchez, Bastrop, El Dorado, Hot Springs, etc.)but can't get booked at ANY of the clubs in town. That is a shame because Shreveport could use that addition. Right now, you can go into any club or gambling boat in Shreveport/Bossier City and hear the same stupid 10 songs that all the rest of the mediocre bands do. Jefferson, Texas is the same way since TC St. Dennis gave away ownership of 'Auntie Skinner's which used to be a really cool bar and featured Zydeco music on a regular basis. I heard Jefferson's Krewe of Hebe actually booked "rock" and "country" into their parties. How lame is that?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Accordion Players

I play left handed accordian. I just want to know of any other left handed accordian players out there.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Accordion Players

Mr. DeVille ! Haven't seen/heard from you in quite a while ! Last time we played together was about 10 years ago in Breaux Bridge at Kyle Hebert's Birthday Party. I play but not left handed !

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Accordion Players

Do I know You?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Accordion Players

Yes you do, Rusty Sanner

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Accordion Players

whats going on Rusty. We gonna have to get together and jam a little bit

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!