Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: posting lyric requests

Bryan,

I am a wannabe, completely hooked on traditional Cajun. Purchasing all the CDs I can find. Listen to it all the time. Particularly fond of the Balfa Brothers, Octa Clark, and such, and trying to learn to play any traditional pieces I can learn. I live in Montana, so to say I am quite displaced from your culture is an understatement. I have only been playing the accordion less than a year, and my new pride and joy, my Bon Cajun for only a few months. Love that box. I am not a very advanced musician, and have difficulty picking out musical phrases by ear, but I can read music, and once I get started on a tune, can usually learn to play by ear pretty well.

I learned the basics from Larry's book, also have Dirk Powell's videos, and Marc Savoy's CD.

I have only found one collection of Cajun music on the web at:

http://acs.madonna.edu/~kaluzny/cajun/tabs.html

If you know of any others, or have any advice for a newbie wannabe, I would welcome any suggestions.

thanks

Hal

Re: Re: Re: Re: posting lyric requests

There are some on this site listed above. Have you been to Neal's site? If not it is listed on #3 above.

Until I stumbled on this site, it never occured to me that people in other areas would like our music, I am glad.

Good luck.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: posting lyric requests

Bryan, thanks so much... no, I had not found Neal's site, nor the lycos.fr site. ZOWIE !!!!!! Lyrics AND music!!!!!! Yippee !!!! Thank you so much. Outstanding.

and I can't imagine anyone not liking your music.

got lots to practice now !

best and warmest regards....

Hal

Question for Joan, re:posting lyric requests

Joan,
does the Bravenet account for this site allow for an FAQ area?

There do seem to be some questions that come up again and again. Like micing accordions and, yes, Lyric requests.

In the FAQ area, the lyris and other common items could be stored for all of us to see.

But I'm not trying to give you more work! :)
(Did I mention how much we all appreciate this site?)

DP

FAQ

Yes, FAQ (frequently asked questions) IS a function of my account with Bravenet ~ I've just never poked around in that area. If I find some time, I'll take a look at getting it up and running. Lately I've been pretty preoccupied with my own job and trying to help my husband set up his sole proprietorship drafting business. LOTS of reading to do to make sure that everything gets done correctly from the beginnning!

Re: FAQ

oh well!!!!, if it's only a matter of time.

I guess "We" still can post for or against my beloved and very traditional and indispensable, and necessary "miterred corners" before the voluminous data collected on the subject , over the years, on this site, can be published on our new FAQ, let's not delay, the process,please .

Thank you , Joannie.

Claude.

Re: Re: FAQ

Well, Claude, I'd have to say you have a point. Actually two points, on each piece of wood.

Re: Question for Joan, re:posting lyric requests

I have a yahoo group that I have been posting lyrics to as they show up on here (I usually ask if its ok), or if I pull them from somewhere else, or type them in myself.

I know you have yahoo, but there's about 60 songs over there now.

Re: Re: Question for Joan, re:posting lyric requests

Should have read "I know you hate Yahoo", to Dana.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!