Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Here Are The Tracks & Keys For Marc Savoy's New CD

The CD is called, "Back to the Basics Savoy Style". Man, Marc Savoy surely is an awesome player. As you can see below, most of these songs were recorded with an Eb/Bb accordion. For those songs in either Eb or Bb, just use a software program (Amazing Slowdowner, Audacity, Adobe Audition, Cool Edit Pro) to transpose them. If you are using a C/G accordion, lower the pitch 3 semi-tones, and you can play along. Here are the tracks with the keys listed:

01 Amédé's Waltz - Eb
02 Amédé's Two Step - Bb
03 Alton Landreneau Two Step - Eb
04 Valse a Wade Frugé - Eb
05 Two Step a Sidney Fourneroy - C
06 Valse a Hiram Fontenot - Bb
07 Two Step a Will Bolfa - Eb
08 Eunice Two Step - Bb
09 Valse a LJ Hébert - Eb
10 Two Step a Cyprien Landreneau - Eb
11 Two Step a Alphée Bergeron - Eb
12 Valse de L'anse Maigre - Eb
13 Two Step a Bode Frugé - Eb
14 Valse a Cheese Read - Eb
15 Marc's Waltz - C

Re: Here Are The Tracks & Keys For Marc Savoy's New CD

So many of the songs...also go by other names...
anybody take the time to figure it out?

I'm pretty sure that

05 Two Step a Sidney Fourneroy - C
is Hight Point Two Step

and

07 Two Step a Will Bolfa - Eb
is L'Anse aux Pailles

Re: Here Are The Tracks & Keys For Marc Savoy's New CD

why would he not use a C accordion for every song?

that is just weird

wle.

oh. i get it. it;s not an instructional cd..

oh. i get it. it;s not an instructional cd..

wle.

Re: oh. i get it. it;s not an instructional cd..

I visited Marc last Saturday morning (after getting my party on at Fred's) and I complimented Marc on such a great CD (the best accordion playing ever recorded, imho). He's such a wonderfully strange character. He was quick to say, in a very pointed way, it was time for him cut a CD that got back to the roots... "it was time to take off all the Cool Whip and get down the cake" he said. I mentioned the Eb key all over the disc and he confirmed that it has that "ol' time sound." I agree. I love to hear a Cajun box in the upper registers Eb - F and particularly wet tuned. I can smell cracklins frying and roux simmering with a sound like that!

Marc does such a stellar job on his latest disc. If you like that one, pick up another one of his titled, "Made In Louisiana." Same bare-bones accordion extravaganza.

Re: Re: Here Are The Tracks & Keys For Marc Savoy's New CD

Well he and a lot of other people may have thought that the songs recorded sounded better in the keys he used. I don't know as I have yet to buy it. Just my humble opinion

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!