Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: The proper pronunciation of Acadian

Does he really say sah-VWAH?

****, I need to get out more...

So if I had the opportunity to tour Cajun country, do any of you have any recommendations as to a place to land, stay a few days, and a few places to tour?

And would any of the players possibly be available to arrange some lesson time?

So far I'm thinking I must go see Larry. Marc. Try to see if I can meet Dirk Powell and Christine Balfa. Find all the live Cajuns jams I can. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Hal

Re: Re: Re: Re: The proper pronunciation of Acadian

Fly into Baton Rouge and rent a car. Head west on I 10. Grab lunch at Landry's in Beau Bridge. If it's the weekend, catch Walter Mouton at La Pousserie down the street. Sat. morning Zydeco at Cafe Des Amies in Beau Bridge or the Jam at Savoy's. Tough choice. There is a site that was posted here maybe 2 weeks ago that lists all the jams in SW La. Steve Riley teaches one night a week at a group lesson too if he is in town. You might want to check out Rick's site for the description of his last trip down there too. Have fun. It's all good!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!