Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Win an Acadian accordion today !

Hey, Didn't Weird Al Yancovic win that in 2000?LOL

Re: Win an Acadian accordion today !

GO to www.savoymusiccenter.com and click on WRITINGS. Read all of the Writings, in particular, AN INTERVIEW WITH MYSELF. That will give you a better understanding of Mr. Savoy.

I don't think I have the stomach for it. Maybe after a six pack or two.

Everyone needs to visit Savoy Music Center one Saturday morning at 9:00 for the weekly jam session, meet Marc in person and judge for themselves.

For those people interested in Cajun music and videos, the absolute best place to shop is Floyd's Record shop in Ville Platte, La www.floydsrecordshop.com They are celebrating 50 years in business in 2006. Hands down, Floyd's has the best selection and if they don't have it, they can get it for you.

I totally agree with cajungreeneyes. Over the years, Floyd's has kept me well-stocked for my radio show. Ramona at Floyd's online store will do everthing possible to get you what you are looking for. Beyond that, the turnaround time on an order is usually 2-3 days by mail -- or instant gratification when dropping in the Ville Platte store (after a lunch at Pig Stand!) If you drop in, ask for Cecil. He's a super nice guy and has been building quality accordions in the back of the store. It's all good...

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!