Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Les Haricots Sont Pas Salé

"Les Haricots Sont Pas Salé" is the name of the cd. And as Glenn said, the sound quality is great, especially considering it was recorded in houses and on porches 34 years ago.

I am just realizing there was apparently a few of these type recordings made by people from outside La., many by Europeans that may not be available in the US. What I like about the ones that I have heard done by people from outside La., is that they kept a lot of the bantering between musicians and between songs, which I like to hear as much as the music. Gerard Dole also did a few. I would like to find others.

Bryan Lafleur

Re: Re: Re: Les Haricots Sont Pas Salé

In 1974, J.P. Bruneau gave me the opportunity to hear the Nagra tapes of his film " Dedans le Sud de La Louisiane"
I thought on the spot that these recordings would make a wonderful LP
As I was the artistic advisor - as far as folk music was concerned - to Expression Spontanée, a small independant French label, I proposed the idea to the man in charge
The idea was accepted and soon I was slicing Bruneau's tapes (copies) on my kitchen table
The result was "Les haricots sont pas salés" (LP)
20 years later or so J.P. Bruneau produced a CD version of "Les haricots sont pas salés" with more tunes from his tapes, and the result is wonderul

Gerard Dole

Re: Re: Re: Re: Les Haricots Sont Pas Salé

Gerald..do you have an email address i can contact you at? its about your instructional CD.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Les Haricots Sont Pas Salé

Hello Chad
here is my email
gerard.dole@free.fr
Cheers
Gerard

Gerard,

I have had this CD since it came out several years ago and have enjoyed it very much. It is one of my favorites and saved the music as I remember it.

Recently I was with Michel Lemaire and he played your latest CD for me, which, we enjoyed along with a bottle of Muscadet.

I hope you're well,
Cory McCauley

Well, my hat is off to all involved. I consider this a treasure and my favorite find in quite a while, coughing and kids in the background and all. Gerard, do you know of any others like this that may not be commonly available in the US. You guys across the water seem to have done a better job of preserving things of that era than we did, and for that I am thankful.

Bryan Lafleur

Re: Les Haricots Sont Pas Salé

One of my favorite CD's too.

One of the films made by Jean-Pierre Bruneau was put out on DVD recently (link above). Lots of music, lots of interviews in Cajun French. Magnifique !
(I think it can also be found in the US).

Christian

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!