Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
First time sitting in with a real zydeco band!

I've been playing my Larry Miller box for about 2 years now at home and finally got the chance to sit in with the band. My wifes' family had a gathering at Lake Fausse State Park (former host of Balfa Camp) and hired Donna Angelle & the Zydeco Posse to play. My wifes sister worked with Donna. I didn't have my box with me so I got to play her Bb box.

I played Boozoos' Do It Al Night, and threw in about 3 other tunes in the middle of that. Boy I'll tell you, I played the first few bars and when the band kicked in, it was the stuff, like a machine, or letting the horses out of the gate.

I've played along with cd's and have a Zydeco beat on my multitrack program, but playing with a live band tops all that.

I'll be doing a video for one of the songs on her new cd as well. Should be fun.

Re: First time sitting in with a real zydeco band!

Cool, man. Playing live is the most fun. And it usually involves free beers...

Nick B.

Re: First time sitting in with a real zydeco band!

Oh man what a feeling that must have been. It sure is addicting. Now you have to keep on doing it.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!