Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
the main squeeze continued - Congrats w/ cookies at bed time

Well now... was'nt that all very therapudic?

Those that got it.. HAIL to you; You are likely AARP members, or, you more than qualify to be an AARPster.

And if:
1. you got it
2. are an AARP qualifier
3. got it, aarp qualifier & you play accordion or fiddle ... YOU GET THE BIG BONUS of cookies and milk before bed time.

Those that did not get it (you know who you are)... well just keep thinking there's hope, and perhaps you will grow to understand at some juncture... no cookies or milk for you

Payton Place? Yessr buddy with a gob of accordion stuff.
Payton Place, American Idol, As the world turns, All my children, Jerry Springer, Dr. Phil, Name that tune, The gong show, This old house, how to build an accordion with three fingers remainging and ten toes, with a bit of Howdy Doody tossed in... All of that and more... but if you think of things for what they are... heck it's just life no matter where you live; Be it in Jennings, Lake Charles, Odessa, Bismark, Jersey or where ever. Now everyone say to themselves this little diddy:
I amma
You arrra
Dip Sh*t... and it's ok!
Now flog yourself forty times and you will sleep like a baby (trust me on this one)!

Those that did not get it, relax take a big breath and don't pop a vein.

Such matters are best, or, better explained by doctors, lawyers, educators and a ton of folks with enough life experience to understand when not to puff up like an adder.
They hope (we that understand hope) to hand down such knowledge to youngsters, so as to carry on this business of living and loving well, hence reaching the pinnicle of being human.

I have learned more about some posters in this segment than I have over the years of reading and writing here. So here is another one, for all you that did not quite understand the Pop Mason msg.

"A wise old bird sat in a great big Oak.
The more he saw, the less he spoke.
The less he spoke the more he heard.
Now what do you think of that wise old bird?"

I wish you each a gob of personal peace... Nonc you know whooooo

P.S. time to pick up the poo and mow the back yard,
I 'll squeeze ya later

Re: Mitred Corners?

Hey,

What's the big deal with mitered corners? Does anyone out there have square holes behind their flappers? Metal vs. plastic buttons? Should I buy an Ariette? Hey, there's an 80 year old Eagle on Ebay...should I buy it? Should I hang my new accordion by the bass strap to stretch out the bellows? Has Augusta been taken over by young punks?

Let's get back on track, y'all. And Aaron, now I'm REALLY interested in seeing your band play, so this whole controversy was, in a way, a good thing.

Good luck with the gig!

Nick B.

Re: Re: Mitred Corners?

Oh Boy,Oh Boy, right in my alley .

C.

Re: the main squeeze continued - Congrats w/ cookies at bed time

Good try Nonc. Been there, done that, got the same result. I do love reading your writing though.
Said all I'm gonna' say for now. I'll just sit here on my limb and continue watching and listening ( cause I don't quite have the age to qualify for AARP yet)
JM

Re: the main squeeze continued - Congrats w/ cookies at bed time

Noc on Jerry Springer! That otta be good.

Bill and Joe.... yeah you're right , could be a dandy. Ha.

You gotta script to sell? I charge good money to script, if I gotta do it myself... try this one.

I'll wear a thong and a leather mask and treat everyone to Chameau on accordion.

Objective:
We can capture the Arab audience and viewers with that one… After which, I’ll open handed slap half the audience and tell em I had a thang with their momma and start a dandy accordion war to be fought in Jennings. We can post it up and advertise some big ole trophy thing and I'll toss in all my goofy accomplishment plaques and certificates of achievement and some ole cooter bobble heads and get you know who to enter the contest (that'll put the bacon on the table for sure).... We could hold some sorta skank moc wedding on stage and mud wrestle the preacher and the organ player. Afterwards, we'll spray the bride down with Dixie beer and cool aid, pitch a gob of rice, sweep it up, cook it with some onion, peppers and put a spice on it and call it dinner.

Bill and Joe, you got a gob of work to do hooking this Springer thing up. I want $5k minimum up front + 20% of the gate and 10% of the sales & advertisining.. There will be a stout technical rider with my own sound man and a backline requiremen...oh, and a dandy load in with arrowhead bottle water (9 ounce size)and a jug of George Dickel. Getter Done !

Boys, ya got ole Nonc giggling, I appreciate it

Re: Bill and Joe.... yeah you're right , could be a dandy. Ha.

Ya gotta quit smelling your fingers Nonc. That brown stuff under your nails is getting to your brain.

Re: the main squeeze continued

Just got back from hearing Eric ..uh, I mean Aaron Chesson and The Main Squeeze. If you havent had a chance to see them, go see them by all means. Lots of energy and talent. They all switch up instruments and play different things. Within the band I saw 3 really good accordion players. They all look like they're having fun. Great band Aaron...keep it up!!

billy

hey thanks man, wish you woulda got up there and played drums a lil so i coulda heard how good you are in case i need ya. Email me when you can.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!