Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Come Along and Ride this Train ((You Tube Video on Cajuns on the Johnny Cash Show)

I don't even remember JC having a show, thanks for the link! Did laugh out loud though when I heard 'aye eee' in a way only Johnny could do. Sort of like Eeore from Winnie the Pooh, but dressed in black
Steve

Re: Come Along and Ride this Train ((You Tube Video on Cajuns on the Johnny Cash Show)

"my big brother Ed's on the bayou fishin"

thats my uncle Edward Kershaw :)....my first exposure to the accordion was by him... he had a old black accordion.. now that i got into accordions i realize it was probably a old sterling or monarch...i can still see him playing it with his corn cobb pipe!

Re: Re: Come Along and Ride this Train ((You Tube Video on Cajuns on the Johnny Cash Show)

Ya'll check out the Jesse Lege clip on the third page under cajun.

Re: Re: Re: Come Along and Ride this Train ((You Tube Video on Cajuns on the Johnny Cash Show)

great find Toby!....here is a direct link to it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dneyK1vyti0&search=cajun%20music

Re: Re: Re: Re: Come Along and Ride this Train ((You Tube Video on Cajuns on the Johnny Cash Show)

Neal,
Seeing as you are able to dig up some old TV shows, think you can find the Doug Kershaw special "Devil went down to Georgia"? Got to find where I buried my old 33 1/3 albums and 8 track tapes. I know I have at least 1 of each from Kershaw.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!