Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: thought i was having a heart attack!

Glad to hear you're fine. Can't speak to the chest pain from playing, though. And your 'girlfriend', well she seems to all ready have the bellows action down
Steve

Glad to hear you're ok...been there its scary..glad for you on the girlfriend though. Now, Ive heard of accordions in the key of C and Bflat etc.. but never heard of one in the Key of Double D..whoo hoo!!!!!

Hope you now feel better Chad. Are you perhaps playing a little too hard? Remember your accordion is not an air compressor. Take it easy. It will be better for you and the accordion.

Weird...I had a similar experience...even tried to go see
my doctor...because I was having chest pain...he didn't
have an appt. so he told me to go to the emergency room..
(medicine in america) they checked me out..did an ekg, everything was fine...elevated blood pressure...probably because I was freaking out.

Similar thing strained muscle...still feel it
off and on. Not sure if I started playing differently or if
its a combination of playing the accordion and starting to play the fiddle...(you have to be a contortionist to play the fiddle)

Anyway...it was weird to see your post. Hope you are feeling better. Mark

Re: Re: thought i was having a heart attack!

its not my girlfriend but sure wish it was..yea billy.. i think it is the key of double D lol

Mark...its kind of reassuring that another accordion player had this happen too.. makes me believe more that it was the accordion that caused it and not the 20 days of beer,oysters, hot wings and fast food in panama city beach lol.....i'm just gonna be sure to do some kind of stretching before playing..

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!