Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: LMMM tuning ona Cajun box?

Call Randy Falcon @ 337-981-3431, he'll fix you up !

Re: Re: Re: LMMM tuning ona Cajun box?

An accordion like that would have to be special ordered because of the fact that a reed set up of LMMM takes up more room inside the accordion than LMMH when you consider that 2 banks of reeds lay flat in the endplate and the M reeds are taller than the H reeds.

Re: Re: Re: Re: LMMM tuning ona Cajun box?

Blickenstock - welcome to the forum! Can you satisfy our curiosity by telling us what kinds of music you like to play, and what sort of accordions you play on?

I've got a one-row Bon Cajun in C and a C#/D Saltarelle Nuage. Seems like I play mostly Cajun and zydeco on both boxes, but I have hopes of someday de-coding the C# row and adding to my Irish and Quebecois repertoir.
S'b'B

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LMMM tuning ona Cajun box?

I'm learning to play a (Cajun)by John Roger in the key of C. I like traditional cajun music and also Mississippi Delta Blues. Plan on trying metal body resonator slide guitar with cajun music when I can.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LMMM tuning ona Cajun box?

That's a nice sound combination: have you heard the Lost Bayou Ramblers? Andre Michot gets some great gritty boogie going on the World's Cheapest lap steel.
S'b'B

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: LMMM tuning ona Cajun box?

I also own a (Cajun)made with Lacewood. Top notch in every way. Hope John can get going again soon. Keep us posted John.

Re: Re: Re: LMMM tuning ona Cajun box?

So can any of the other builders and probably at a much cheaper price. Don't over pay for such a small change. You are going to pay a little more but don't get shafted. Call Elton Doucet, Church Point, La.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!