Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Step Rideau Tune

Yep, it is a HOT tune! Step has been a big favorite of mine for years. I used to play Standing Room a lot, but the band kept screwing up the chord progression so I had to drop it (Grrrr! What does it take to get good help these days?)

I would have to check later when I can get the accordion in my hands, but I did figure this one out a while back. My recollection is that it is on the push, and it may well have been in Bb. I highly doubt that it was on an Eb box.

I don't remember having air management trouble, but it was a challenge to play everything in octaves at that speed, so I left some of them out. I am not sure he used octaves on everything anyway.

That tune is kinda different. It is really quite simple and I quickly figured out how to play it, but it was somehow breaking some new ground muscle memory wise.

-David

Re: Re: Step Rideau Tune

Sousa you rock! Thanks for the info! Talk about new ground -- yeah you right! I reckon I'm gonna have to inhale that breather fast on the one good pull in that riff. Thanks for confirming that I'm not insane. Well, at least on the key! Otherwise, I'm as goofy as a wooden wristwatch.

RR

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!