Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Boozoo "Keep yer dress tail down"

Hey Everyone,

Can anyone tell me what 6 notes (or rather what buttons) Boozoo is playing between seconds 9 and 10 of this clip:

http://musicdownloads.walmart.com/catalog/servlet/ArtistServlet;jsessionid=GhZSdYQv1G869WVQ0CpxyLqQv03cH5VrBJ5QchKNwHhDTwNKsj2b!579385?id=18407

A friend has described it as Boozoo sitting on his rocking chair, playing along and then a mosquito comes and he's swatting at the mosquito, and he has to finish the phrase so he just throws these six notes out there, and it ends up sounding perfect.

I realize he's probably not playing this on a Bb box (probably an A); but I'm trying to figure it out for my Bb.

Thanks! Scott

Re: Boozoo "Keep yer dress tail down"

I don't know the notes off hand - I would have to check. This is a song I messed around with a long time ago.

I am afraid I have to disagree with your friends suggestion that these are just some random notes that Boozoo threw in while swatting a mosquito. I have an older studio recording of Boozoo playing the same song, and he plays it the same way. I suppose he might have been swatting mosquitos both times.

-David

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!