Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Givin it up

i just had a brain fart. Just cause people get down that doesnt mean they have to quit doing what they love. I got started out in cajun music cause of my grandmother who is now dead. Then i got to thinking of how much she woulda liked to have wipped my ass if I even thought about quitting when she was alive. Just cause times get tuff that doesnt mean to quit playing that means i should use my god given talent even more. THe accordian has always got me out of bad times so I picked up my accordian and just started playing for about 7 hours this morning. Now I feel better.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Givin it up

Did it ever occur to you that you may need to see a doctor. You have got some serious problems guy.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Givin it up

You're wabbling around in pirogue, w/ no paddle and no pole to navigate with in the middle of a dry field. You could always fish!
......... STORY TIME ..............
Came upon a big ole huge field of dry weeds once.
In the middle of this field was guy sitting in jon boat fishing with a pole, in all that dirt and dry weeds. He was serious as could be. Asked him: Ya catching anything?.. nope! What bait ya using? Worm!

I drove on up to this house after that, near where he was. This older woman come out on the porch as I drove up. Poked my head out the window and said;

"Ma'am, is that your boy out in that field fishing?" 'Yeah, that's my boy'
"Ma'am, don't know if he's quite right with the world, no offence nor anything."
' Nah that's quite alright, I can tell ya he's slow for sure, but he's a good boy.'
"Ma'am, that boys fishing in a dry field."
'Oh I know it, and that one loves to fish I can tell you, always has. A dang good fisherman, that boy is.'
"Ever think of having him checked to see if something can help him out with matters?"
'Well , yeah I thought about it.. but we aint got much money and food doesn't come all that cheap these days... and then ya see we can always use the fish.'

Funny ... but not so funny.
There's always help and hope for those that seek it.

Nonc you know whoooo

Re: Givin it up

Dude YOU better not give it up!!! WE aint got started yet...I had the same brain fart once..One afternoon I sold 2 guitars, a banjo and a set of drums...vowed never to touch them again..That was one stupid move on my part and I regret the hell out of it...It'll pass whatever it is..You're young and got alot of road ahead of you...It'll get better. Call if you need anything at all.....

Re: Givin it up

Aaron
Do me a favor and keep playing.I'v played with some
real good accordion players, and you rank as one of the
top,young players,in my book.Just wish we could have
the cd we cut and hear.GREAT old stuff!
So don't let another fantastic player die,because
of hard times,we all have them.
Later my friend Elzie

Re: Re: Givin it up

Givin it up
I gotta laugh
You should know by now you have no control over it.
You might quit for a month a year or 10 but youll be
back
Muhahaha

Russ

Re: Re: Givin it up

You are sooo right Mr.Elzie, it would be nice to finish the C.d that you all started.Being me and Aaron's Dad,has offered to pay for it so many times.All thats left is for aaron,to relay the accordian tracks.Take care,we miss seeing you and jamming Aarons Parents.

Re: Re: Re: Givin it up

Hey CajunGreenEyes, can I buy you a gallon of EverClear?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Givin it up

hey thanks everyone for the great feedback

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Givin it up

I guess most would like to help you stay out of a padded cell. Watch those brain farts they could blow your mind.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!