Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anyone using Wilson's downloaded lessons?

Hello,

Have any of you been using Wilson's lessons?

If so, do you have any comments?

Sincerely,

Teisco DelRay

Re: Anyone using Wilson's downloaded lessons?

I just love Wilson Savoy's lessons.
These are lessons to play songs in particular, so you should have some knowledge of the instrument to use them. Do you already play?
Wilson breaks down the tunes into phrases and leaves space for you to play along.
I realized I could follow easily just with the audio, with no visual input.

Nicole

Re: Re: Anyone using Wilson's downloaded lessons?

Wilson was a class act all they way when he taught a seminar in Berkeley last winter. A real pleasure to listen to and talk with.

Re: Re: Re: Anyone using Wilson's downloaded lessons?

I am using them...and though I am not at that level.. have learned lots of ear training from them..and support Wilson's teaching efforts.. they are well worth the money..and I will continue to purchase any more he puts out !

Glenn

Willie

Wil knows his stuff. It helps to spend a week at his place too!

I'd have to say the best inspirations and teachings for accordion I've ever received, were from Marc Savoy, Wilson Savoy, Dirk Powell, Ed Poullard, Jason Frey and Paul Daigle.

I gotta check out Steve Riley's vid. Would go to Augusta this year but most of my friends will not be there.

Re: Willie

I just recently received the Steve Riley CD.He does more good stuff by accident than by design. While the content is way beyond me right now it won't be long. Wison's presentation is streightforward and understandable. It is a good value.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!