Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What I think of a 1 row Morelli.....

If'n you can play it. Play it!

http://bengalrecords.com/jim/BayouTecheOnMorelliAccordion.mp3

Re: What I think of a 1 row Morelli.....

I own a Morelli triple row and while it's no Gabbanelli or Hohner, it's very good for the price (4X cheaper than a Corona and 9X cheaper than a Gabbi).
We all like to dis these chinese boxes, but for $200 I think I got my money's worth.
Besides, I can play my Morelli anywhere and not worry about it taking a beating.

Re: Re: What I think of a 1 row Morelli.....

Scott,

Exactly my friend. I've gotten more than my money's worth out of the Morelli 1 row. I've made at least 700 dollars busking down at the harbor and the thing still plays as good as it did the day I bought it.

I had to make a few modifications on the thing when I got it, but it's fine now. For 130 dollars new, it's a fun toy.

Re: Re: Re: What I think of a 1 row Morelli.....

Jim
What modifications did you make on the 1 row Morelli??

Re: Re: Re: Re: What I think of a 1 row Morelli.....

Mostly replace the whole accordion with something more playable.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What I think of a 1 row Morelli.....

That would be like buying a Lambrogini(?) to only go grocery shopping once a month while living on a beer drinkers pension.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What I think of a 1 row Morelli.....

Yea but look at the heads you would turn.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What I think of a 1 row Morelli.....

Not here in Florida. Most of the old geezers where I live would need to turn their whole body just to look at their drivers door mirror and can not see anything closer than 30 foot from the front bumper of their car since the dashboard is so high up.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!