Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: comparing Master to Martin...

Chris,
Well said.

David,
About the wet tuning. Jr usually tunes them dry unless specified wet.At least, that was the case 2yrs ago when I purchased mine. It is always better to speak with Jr as opposed to writing. I would suggest calling him. I would be surprised if he wouldn't take care of you.

I just had mine wet tuned slightly. I think the term is nickel or 5 cent wet tuned as opposed to full wet.

Loud accordions, I find Larry Miller's accordions to be much louder than any other brand.

My 2 cents worth.

Kirk Menier

Re: comparing Master to Martin...

Hey Kirk,
I own both, Martin and Master. My Master is a dry tune in D and my Martin is also a D with a wet tunning. Any difference? One difference I have notice is that the fingerboard on my Master is slighty shorter in length. It seems like my fingers are curl more when I play my Master. Both good instruments, I love playing them both. When I put them side to side, I do not see any other difference in appearance. The Martin has a thicker varnish coating is about the only other difference I can see. Sound wise, they both rock, in my own words.
Later gater
Mark S

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!