Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 1923 Hohner, listen!

Look what passed in front of your door! That's a nice sound!

Re: 1923 Hohner, listen!

The sound is so cool that, if it were mine, I would would try to find a way to make a viable instrument.

If you had all the time in the world you could special order new bellows of the right size, then make (or ask a builder to make) bellows frames that fit. Store the old bellows for preservation sake.

Just a nutty thought.

Re: Re: 1923 Hohner, listen!

Actually the thought crossed my mind, but it would be a costly venture in the end. Plus the thing is in tune with itself. I like it how it is, personally.

Re: Re: Re: 1923 Hohner, listen!

Sounds great! It is an "A" accordion. I have one of the newer Hohner ones, a "C" with the smaller bellows and 4 stops. Ok to learn on, but noit the same as the La.-built ones for sure. Can you get longer bellows for these accordions?

Re: Re: Re: Re: 1923 Hohner, listen!

On them newer models... if air tight, longer bellows are not necessary. It's all about push and pull my friend!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 1923 Hohner, listen!

I guess you're right--time for more practice ;-). I tried a Cajun model, I forget what the name of it was,and it played so much easier.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!