Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
M and S Special

Hello everyone. I finally learned the M and S Special by PeeWee Broussard. Neal had it on the site to download so I did. I dont know if its still on there or not. I found the most critical part in the begining of the song is to pull out on 6 and 7 seperately and push in on number (5) and then pull out on 6 and 7 again followed by pushing in on number (7) and then number (5). Just thought I would put some insight in for anyone wanting to learn that song. I would put a video of me playing on here or even an audio clip but i dont have a mike or a cam yet. When I get one or the other I will do so. Cant wait.

Re: M and S Special

Glad the recording helped! It's still on my Web site. A very good tune by an underrated musician, that Pee Wee Broussard! I was floored to learn he played fiddle very well and played fiddle with Aldus Roger at the Breaux Bridge Crawfish Festival some years ago. I will see if I can find some photos of that performance.

M&S was the name of J.D. Miller's store in Crowley, probably Miller and Sonnier or Miller and sons?

Re: M and S Special

cant wait to hear or see some clips of your playing aaron...i have a logitech webcam that has a mic built in... you can buy these for about $40-50..

Re: Re: M and S Special

kewl sounds good chad I will try to get me one as soon as funds permit that to happen. And you are right neal an underrated musician. He is one of my idols.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!