Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: KBON and Lack Thereof

Same here, Joe, and Darryl in Adelaide OZ can't pull it in either. There's a vague message on the KBON Forum about something needing to be repaired by the phone company. What the heck could they be doing after all this time?

My connection went out about 3pm Tampa time Friday, May 26th. I've tried sending various emails with no response.

I haven't even been able to find out if KBON is actually broadcasting over the air.

Inasmuch as the website is still up, you'd think some sort of a message concerning the streaming being down would be posted there.

In the meantime, I'm tuned in to KLRZ out of Golden Meadow/Larose. NOT KBON, but it works in a pinch. This morning about 6:30 am, they were doing the ROSARY in French. It went on for quite awhile. Not something you'd hear on KBON, for sure....

Re: Re: KBON and Lack Thereof

Thanks Joan. I had a feeling you would have an idea. I tried e-mailing Paul twice & have not received a response.

Take Care.

Joe

Re: Re: Re: KBON and Lack Thereof

Figired something was amiss with KBON. Tuned into Radio Lousiane last night, and they had some great stuff. Heard Amazing Grace in French, Cajun versions of Liberty, Buffalo Gals, all kinds of stuff. The annoying part is they tend to talk over the instrumental breaks - the parts you really want to hear. Oh well.
Steve

QUESTION? On-The-Air???

You guys who are local and can listen to KBON on your radios ~ IS KBON broadcasting and on the air? If so, has anyone said anything about why they aren't streaming via the internet?

I WANT my KBON!

Re: QUESTION? On-The-Air???

I've been listening to KBON almost all day, but not on continual basis. I have it on, but I'm in and out and miss a lot of the broadcast, but I have not heard them mention any problem with their streaming audio, yet. On my drive back home this afternoon, I'll try listen for any information, report it in the morning (I know; that's long time without a fix).

Dowell Lafleur

Re: QUESTION? On-The-Air???

I just checked their website forum,

http://www.kbon.com/gumbo/viewtopic.php?t=43

and Becky, who apparently work there, is saying that they are having problems with phone lines, and they should be back on today sometime. Argh! it's today 'til 12 tonite. That's all I've got for now.

Dowell

Re: KBON

KBON is streaming @ 5:08 EDT in North Carolina

Re: KBON

Working fine here in OPELOUSAS

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!