Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Magazine

Glen,

Please don't refrain. I love the insights from Italy and advance notice on future e-Bay sales. They may be technically considered "unpaid advertisements," but they're on topic and relevant.

That was not meant as a slam at you or anyone else. Nor a complaint. Just a humorous (???) observation on how we might resemble a magazine.

Glenn,

I'll trade you your New Falcon C for my New Morelli C.

Please don't refrain!

Glenn,

Please continue posting about accordions for sale or trade! And everyone else too.

If someone does not want to read about accordions for sale, they don't have to look: "No likey, no clicky".

-David

Re: Please don't refrain!

hehe. Thanks brave. No, I didn't take offense.. but did want to clarify..that unsolicted objects, can at times appear as though the place is a swap meet of sorts.

My love for accordions and accordion music in particular has me roaming sites for insights..and some of it may prove useful .. I know there are some hefty players on this site..and some very knowledgeble braves on music, playing, theory, and especially accordion lore ( Jefe knows his stuff for sure )..

So the common denominator is love for the instrument and the music it makes.. we all have an accordion jones for sure..

One thing I am curious about is : are spanking brand new, glue and paint reeking boxes as appealing as broken-in vintage boxes .. or perhapsthe oldies that have been stored and rarely played are the real ticket . Each has their own character.. and appeal.

Wonder how the rest of us feel about this.. !??

G.

Re: Re: Please don't refrain!

While your insite, and knowledge of accordions is much appreciated I am sure. Your curious question seems to be related to a marketing plan. You know, like what do you all need. I can furnish it for a price. So if we are not careful this could turn into a marketing news colume. That said, it should be open to everyone who has a small business to sell accordions. Otherwise only those who have an extra, unused or unwanted accordion should list. If you have a business you should stay on ebay.

Re: Re: Re: Please don't refrain!

I don't have a business and am hardly doing marketing here..I'm a teacher..This is a hobby. I can see I have irked some purists here. I'll be more "careful" I'll stick to ebay from now on.. : ))

Re: Re: Re: Re: Please don't refrain!

I am a newcomer, but as a remote beginner (Montana), I appreciated any chance of learning more about the diatonic accordion including boxes being offered for sale.

I say keep it up.

Just my $.02.

Hal from Montana

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Please don't refrain!

Your .02 does not pay for managing the site so, it is up to Joanie.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Please don't refrain!

I'll repeat, for what its worth, you did not irk me, you are a long time contributor here, and you should keep doing what you're doing because you're a valued part of the community.

People are ALWAYS coming on here looking for boxes. Of course, they want a Louisiana handmade for $400, but still, after we disabuse them of their economical misguidings.....

Consider your detractors as being 3 stops short of a 4 stop box.

Dwight

yes, this "debate" is silly

To all who want to post accordions for sale, please continue. This debate is a non-issue - can we move on please? 99.999% of the people here do not object, and in fact are very likely to have an active interest. It is not as though we are being inundated with commercial spam - in fact there has been none.

-David

Re: Magazine

GLENN, pertaining to vintage boxes as to brand new boxes, I recently purchased a ten year old POINTE NOIR, made by the late, great DICK RICHARD. Compared to a 2005 model ACADIAN, I have to pick the Pointe Noir, honestly. I am sure when the ACADIAN is broken in, it will be vintage too. I Love the Pointe Noir. Your Falcon looks sharp. I am looking it over, thanks.

Re: Re: Magazine

Your Pointe Noir will become vintage when it is old enough wheather it is broke in or not. Just hang on to it and you will one day own a vintage Pointe Noir.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!