Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Just an after- thought

Hey Claude.. I found another clean 60's Corona IIIR and will be ebaying it you or no braves are interested..

Re: Re: Re: Re: Just an after- thought

Buddy,

First,I've got to sell that Castagnari "MAX" and then we can talk.
I can't put it on e-bay, cause( intense redenning of the face), I don't know how to do it and don't want to learn about it .
God, talk about inept .

Thanks for the lead.

Claude.

Re: Re: Re: Just a thought

Mr. Claude

That would be melodeon.net (NET) not
melodeon.com (though in Canada hey..whatever works for you)

:0

Re: Re: Re: Re: Just a thought

Mr. Bohemian,

Thanks for the correction.
I don't think it's a Canadian think,although you could be right.

More then likely a Kanuk brain cramp .

Claude.

Re: Re: Re: Just a thought

Please, I am trying to find a sweet C box to buy and this is the place to find one. I'll pay the finders fee. Admit it we are all box junkies and love to find them for sale. Just start the thread "For sale" and those sensitive types can just skip over it. Don't spoil it for us addicts. Best wishes to all, Jerry

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

You know ,this is what I suggested a while back ( May 24th/06, , and perhaps a section could be added, where " WEIRD" comments could be posted, as not to, offend sensitive minds , relax,relax will ya, the weird section suggestion is only a joke, boy some people.
Anyway check the added link if you wish.

The melodeon.com, for sale section seems to work for everyone involved.

Claude.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Just a thought

I'd agree with that ( in case anyone cares what I think ) I reckon Glenn and everyone else who tell us first about a box( or any instrument) for sale, is doing us a great favor.
It probably should stop at music related stuff, though, although, if you're selling your truck, etc., don't you tell your buddies first?

BJ

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Just a thought

Agreed BJ but, you aren,t selling a truck 2 or 3 times a week on a regular basis.

Re: Looking for a C box

I ran into someone at a festival two weeks ago that had a Jr Martin C box brand new. He bought it new and decided a few months later that he was never going to learn to play.

He wants to get as much money back for it as he can. It's in perfect condition. (but understands that he will lose some $$) I can try to get some pictures and a price from him if you are really interested.

Let me know.

DP

Re: Re: Looking for a C box

See, I told you this is the place. Of course I am very interested. You can e-mail me privately with the pictures if you want. I was in contact with another forum member but he hasn't sent me any photos yet.The management maybe can set up another part to this site and charge a fee to list. It would pay for everything. Jerry

C for a Fee

Totally opposed to "fee listing"

this should be a " you are on your honor" type of deal

let's keep it simple if we are to do this at all..

On concertinanet I listed 2 accordions last year.. one sold thru them one did not.. I paid them 2% on both..

Why all the angst?

What is everyone walking on eggshells for? This is a silly waste of time. NOBODY MINDS POSTINGS ABOUT ACCORDIONS FOR SALE (at least nobody worth worrying about - insert evil grin here). And even if someone doesn't like them (extremely unlikely), all they have to do is resist the urge to click the link to the post they don't want to read.

Please, let's stop this nonsense.

-David

Re: Why all the angst?

I don't see "walking on eggshells" and I don't see "angst"

ghis is such a small group and presumably friends to some degree with a mutual interest

I have never been put off by boxes for sale here..
I might if a full blown dealer was hawking his wares but a player or enthusiast hustling a box.. no big deal and a service to other players.

When someone suggested that there be a For Sale section.. cool but not necessary
When someone suggested a percentage kickback.. cool but not necessary.. not as if the "board" mandated anything... it was just a generous suggestion..

If it is going to be done at all... on your honor
screw rules and paying a fee to list..that is too commercial , moreso than listing a box

No eggshells, no angst

Love that verbal advantage : )

Re: Re: Why all the angst?

Instead of a percentage kickback or fee, why not just make a "Voluntary Contribution" to help cover the cost of keeping this forum up and running?

Re: Re: Re: Why all the angst?

perfecto

Why all the angst?

resolved

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!