Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Zydeco 3 Row Key

Cool on the Gabby EAD... great key system and so low that now low reed is necessary.. 2 middle reeds are fine
Also if playing with guitarists or fiddlers.. good system

In my experience multi reeded boxes that get stuffed with mechanics and blocks can sound muffled.. this is the case with Hohner Corona IIIR and with some Castagnaris. I woned a compact 2 row Tommy that was a 2 row three reed.. Excellent engineering and craftsmanship but a lot of energy in and muffled.. my larger 2 row 3 reed Castagnari was not that way. This is not the case with their 4 reed 1 row. Loud,.

I,Too prefer, light fast boxes...over and above all the be.lls and whistles.. but I also like dry tuning 12 TET or 19 limit Just
Jazz tuning is also a tripp.. not for everyone but El Parche makes it flat smoke.

ej

Re: Zydeco 3 Row Key

I happen to play a Panther in GCF. I've been screwing around with a microphone element placed in a tube installed internally to alter the sound mechanically. Try speaking into a drinking glass. There is the megaphone effect. Feedback is a problem. The resonant cavity must be phased properly to eliminate any modulation. It sounds kinda funky! This may work.

Craig

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!