Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: However I am not always a reliable source...

Yeah, the one I remember had Hadley Fontenot on one side for sure, and Allie Young on the other. It wasn't the same trip as the Crackerbarrel cd, because the Crackerbarrel cd had Will on second fiddle, but the other one had Dick Richard on it. It was a Swallow production, so they might still have some old lps or tapes. I never saw it on cd.

Re: Re: However I am not always a reliable source...

There was, in Europe, a CD issued called "The New York Concerts PLUS". Is this the one with both Hadley Fontenot and Nonc Allie Young on it?
I am looking for it - I saw it on eBay but didn't nab it.
The date given on the "New York.."/Cracker Barrel CDs I believe is 1974. Didn't Mr. Fontenot pass on just previous to that?

PS - I am new to the forum, so I figured I'd let my first post be a possible help one!

Cody

Re: Re: Re: However I am not always a reliable source...

I am also not a reliable source, but I think Hadley Fontenot died sometime around 1987. The last time I jammed with him was probably around 1985/6 - maybe a year earlier - I'm not very good with remembering dates.

Dowell

Re: Re: Re: However I am not always a reliable source...

Allie Young, Nathan Abshire and Hadley Fontenot are all on the CD.

Hadley Fontenot was on the 1978 recording. The CD is a bit unclear but this would suggest he's on about 9 tracks.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!