Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: internal mic question

The jacks appear to be standard phone jacks, but they are not. They are the sealed variety. They cost more (can't remember exactly, maybe it was around $10?), but they don't leak air. Leaking would be a bad thing.

-David

The one I had in the ole junk box is a commercial sealed, rectangular black plastic enclosed jack. The panel thickness dimension = Panther wall thickness. I drilled and tapped and then hardened the threads with C.A. It threads tightly. The element is from an Audio Technica I found laying around. Sounds pretty good!

Craig

Craig,
I use . what is called, a "1/4" flush mount jack".
They are sealed and do not leak air.You can find them in most music stores. I know Peavey offers them as an accessory item. You can also order them from music supply companies. Carvin has them listed in their magazine. They run about $12 at the store, about $6 if you order them.
Jude

Re: Re: internal mic question..Jude?

Hi ya'll,
when I plug a cord into my jack, the signal cuts in and out. Do the jacks wear out? Is it common?

I generally use a wireless airline guitar transmitter which is about as big as your thumb and does not cause any problem, probably because there is no side pull.

any comments?

thanks
Kirk j

Re: Re: Re: internal mic question..Jude?

Yes, the jack can "wear out". It's not a common thing, but I have had to replace them in the past.
Jude

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!